Saturday, June 20, 2009

Organic Prints

It's been such a long time since I have worked on my art and posted anything. I'm happy to be at it again and this time I'm working within a whole new medium and process for me - printmaking. The prints shown here were created during a 4 hour workshop I took today in printmaking. It was fantastic! I will definitely be creating more art using this method, though I will be experimenting with the "plate" material. In the workshop the plate was made from gelatin and being a vegan I had some real issues with using it.... but since I wanted to learn a new technique, and knew that I could replicate the plate and process using agar agar instead of animal based gelatin, I forged ahead. I highly recommend going to this workshop if you're close to Cambridge, MA. The instructor, Tamar, is wonderful. Post a comment if you'd like me to email you her contact information. Her next workshop is July 26.

No comments: