Friday, April 11, 2008

NE-SCBWI annual conference

I am very excited to check out the NE Society of Children's Books Writers & Illustrators annual conference this weekend. Two days of workshops and networking and an opportunity to see Kevin Hawkes, an amazing illustrator, speak. I actually have one of his books, The Nose, which I bought so long ago I can't remember the year. His website is very fun -check it out if you can. So I attempted to illustrate a poster for this years theme 'Take Flight" and this is what I came up with. It's actually elements taken from two paintings I did. I didn't like them each separately, so scanned, extracted elements, pieced together, and added texture to come up with this. It'll be entered in an anonymous poster contest tomorrow. I don't have any grand hopes that it'll win -ha, and I'm actually a little embarrassed by it and afraid to see the level of creative expression of the other entries. But, I'll let you know if by some dumb luck I win the grand prize :)

No comments: