Monday, April 14, 2008

A great weekend @ NE SCBWI conference

What a fantastic weekend spent at the New England Society for Children's Books Writers and Illustrators conference in New Hampshire this weekend. It was my first time attending and I participated in some really informative workshops, met some nice people, exchanged biz cards, received lots of good tips, and got the chance to hear from two very talented and important guest speakers, author Laurie Halse Anderson and illustrator Kevin Hawkes. That was the icing on the cupcake! I didn't win the poster contest :D but wasn't exactly mortified by my work as compared to others, though certainly there were some amazing works by other unpublished illustrators there. Now I am lit with a fire to go out and create some work that will hopefully, someday, be really out there, and published. Let's get going!! :D

PS This image I sketched in a drawing class summer 2007. I chose this little teddy bear from a box of wrenches, hammers, widgets and gadgets because he just seemed so enchanting and warm and fuzzy. Plus his limbs moved so I could pose him in this uncomfortable looking, upside-down position... just cuz. I don't think he minded though.

No comments: