Monday, November 2, 2009

Making Jewelry






















Making jewelry was something I knew my students had done many times before I came along. Though the process of stringing one bead at a time was often difficult and laborious for many of them. I found a great tool for them to use that strings many beads at a time called a bead spinner. It comes battery operated or as a hand spinner. It's made for seed beads, which we had plenty of left over from past jewelry making exercises. The bead spinners worked great with the memory wire we had, so they made bracelets, necklaces, and rings. We also did some basic stringing and made lots of earrings. The students were so excited when I showed them the bead spinners ...they couldn't wait to try them out. Check out these great pieces of jewelry my students made.

No comments: