Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Iris, or Fleur-de-Lis

This flower holds a special meaning for me, not just because of its beauty but also because of its symbolism as the flower of my college sorority, KKG. I was very excited to see that the instructor had brought in a bunch for us to paint. Again this is from my pure water color class. Rather than paint the whole lot of iris' in the vase, I decided to focus on just one iris, or fleur-de-lis. This is mainly because I seem to be a rather slow painter and like to focus on one thing at a time. I didn't finish the painting during the class (surprise!), but learned about its form and colors in the process of drawing and painting it. Off with their heads!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your Blog, Theresa! I love that you have a fleur de lis here, but all of your work is so good. LOVE the girl in the chair. Keep it up, Sister.

L&L, Chrisallen

Theresa, aka "Tree" said...

So happy to hear your words of encouragement. I need to get back to drawing, painting and my own projects. I get so distracted. My next focus is on animals. Dogs, cats, rabbits, etc. Inspired by my recent work as a pet sitter/dog walker :-)